 Trains / *11869 (-100)
  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) That would be funny, poor ol' Nazis could never get off a single shot. But yes, the generators supplied the railguns with electrical power.-Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) Grin. (Take a second to picture a gun crew franticly trying to service that behemoth while hanging on for dear life as the train screams downgrade at the edge of controllability so that the dynamic braking can supply some current to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: S@H Trains

Sorry, the previous post seemed to have gone wonky. It should have read... "Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)" <legoman34@netaddress.com> wrote in message news:GCM46q.7L@lugnet.com... (...) anyone impatient to get hold of new trains is going to hate (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H Trains

"Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)" <legoman34@netaddress.com> wrote in message news:GCM46q.7L@lugnet.com... (...) trains, (...) the (...) within (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  S@H Trains

In case anyone is interested, when I ordered one of each of the new trains, just now, the S@H rep told me that the truck with the sets is due in to the wharehouse sometime today. So, your train(s) could be arriving to you within the next couple of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) By the way, the V188 had a Do+Do wheel arrangement. The wheels were fixed in the frame rather than mounted in swiveling trucks.-Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) This is what I read from the article, but I think we all know that the generator (or alternator for that matter too) is the true source of power. As for the possibility of using the traction motors? Let us not forget dynamic braking. -Harvey (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) <snip AMAZING info on an AMAZING model!!!> (...) This model has stuff for many factions, bring it on! (...) A nitpick... Surely you mean "current from the V188's generator" since traction motors are mounted in the trucks and provide traction (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: I've taken up the gauntlet (Dora in the planning stages)

(...) I'd like to see the finished model handle the curvature of the LEGO tracks! ;-> Good luck, it is probably an interesting model to build. Fredrik (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  I've taken up the gauntlet (Dora in the planning stages)

I've decided to tackle the 80cm (K) E gun on my own... The prototype stood 35 feet high, that should work out to about 20 bricks high. This gun had 80 wheels! I guess I'll build from the ground up. I have drawings of the original on the way to help (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Something for everyone at the South Coast LegoFest - SCLF 2001

Something for everyone at the recent South Coast Lego Fest Trains: Large Layouts (12v and 9v) , Very large MOC stations, lots of MOC trains, new Lego Trains RCX level crossings Town & Castle Large MOC city layout, including Castle MOCs Space: Plenty (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space)

  Re: Stand alone, 2nd try...

(...) Your well-car is an interesting design, but I find myself asking if you've tried to build it, or just put it into MLCAD? (It seems to me that the trucks probably won't be able to swivel enough to negotiate curves due to the proximity to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Club Car cloning

(...) If anyone wants to see how far I've gotten so far: (URL) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Club Car cloning

Hi folks, I have been building a clone club car for rtlToronto/train1 and was wondering if anyone had: a) designed stickers for the red/white/blue pattern on the Club Car. b) scanned in the 2x2x1 thin walls with that pattern If someone could scan (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mülheim - how is that built?

Hi Sonnich, the blue engine is a german "E 10" electric engine. I think it had it'S best days in the 60's and 70's, but I am not sure about that. The builder is Frank "Pudie" Abel, who was at Mülheim last October to. He is one of the best german (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mülheim - how is that built?

(...) That is a 2x2 turntable base with the grey 2x2 turntable top removed - the model builders do that a LOT in LLC for detail work. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which two customised trains should I buy?

Thanks your advice Jason - so buying two sets say KT203 & KT303 or KT103 & KT403 will give me EXACTLY the same pieces. Does any one have scans of the instructions on the web? David (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mülheim - how is that built?

(...) found it myself: (URL) what model is it? Some German Engine? (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Mülheim - how is that built?

On (URL) you can see the little whie window at the attic of the house. What brick is that? The blue engine on (URL) there any closeups of that one (I have noticed it before on some other pictures, but no closeups). Who built it? Sonnich (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which two customised trains should I buy?

(...) Yes, it will. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) Don't Mention it. (...) The train kit contains the following boxed or bagged items: Boxed, 1 of: 3740 (small engine) or 3741 (large engine), with general sticker sheet and dual instructions. Boxed, (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) I've thought of building 'Dora' myself, but this would present some problems. 1.The gun was mounted on a double track (and curved at that!) LEGO does not make more than one radius of curved track, so the model should be displayed on straight (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

(...) Shaun, I have posted a picture of my V188 diesel which was used to haul the 'Dora','Schwerer Gustav', as well as the 'Anzio Annie' railguns. The electric current from the V188's traction motors helped to power the various railway artillery. My (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

Wow! I can safely say Shaun, I have not found anybody who has such a love and talent for building detailed WWII war machines... The K5 is yet another great example your incredible skills and building techniques. Now get crackin' on building "Dora"! (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  PNR Picture upload

I've added 7 new pictures of a train passing through town here: (URL) also 6 older pictures of my SD90MAC, which will soon have a description page (i'll post, i've got a few updates to the site...): (URL) Allways, LMKWYT Josh (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes: <snip...> (...) I apologise for the dorkyness of my sniping, but i came to mind so i had to put it. Thats amazing, i like howmuch it bends in the corners, sticks way out... The gun looks real too, i like the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  MOCs: incl German WWII Railway gun

Hi All, I've uploaded some pictures of my latest MOCs - a German K5 Leopold 28 cm Rail Gun, a freight car to carry the ammo, and a flatbed car carrying a Sd.Kfz 250 Halftrack. The flatbed car is pretty self-explanatory. It can be found here: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Which two customised trains should I buy?

I thought of buying the two trains with tenders and then making the ones without tenders - but I don't think it will work. So if I buy say, the large train & tender and the small train, from the parts will I be able to build the other two styles. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grey axle sides / (April fools)

(...) pictures: (...) I thought most people knew about this little hoax, but obviously some are still fooled by these pictures... To find out what I'm speaking of, read this: (URL) this has been first and only time ever I have painted Lego bricks. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Not so strange when you realize that pretty much ALL of it came apart in shipping. (Sure are glad you used all those Ziploc bags.) I was able to intuitively reconstruct all but the SNOT engine. With so much going on I forgot about the photos (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Stand alone, 2nd try...

I've now added the containers to the picture: (URL) unloaded picture: (URL) now starting the real-life building of this, along with two double-stack cars, similar to this one. Also i've played with the swithcher idea i've had: (URL) allways LMKWYT (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grey axle sides

(...) i figured they might be, just wondering. Josh (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Grey axle sides

(...) I believe you will find that they are painted I've do the same thing with lego elements using Tamiya R/C car paints and they work well. Eli :') (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) No, there are different distinguishing features. (and no, I'm not in Houston any more, I am in Carlsbad, CA). A car can be both but it has to *have* both natures. (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Grey axle sides

I was browsing the site (URL) , and i ran acoss these pictures: (URL) anyone tell me if the sideframes are painted, or real lego? Josh (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pneumatically driven locomotive ??

(URL) pretty sure C S Soh has one there, he has EVERYTHING pneumatic. He's running a terrific pneumatic page. Tom Heverly (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) No. The defining characteristic is windows across the roof so you can look up and out and over... Ask me tonite if that doesn't make sense I'll explain in person. ++Lar (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Light Set #3748

(...) Hi Paul, having recieived my locos also meanwhile, I have uploaded the scans of the sheet to: (URL) like the way you may add the lights to your locomotive and I'll certainly make it the very same way on all of them. Anyone else noticed on page (...) (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Excellent Link! Thanks, Chris (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Snip all the information (thanks by the way) Whoa! Lots of information there. I just wondered what you meant by dome as compared to observation. It seems that both dome car and observation cars serve the same varied purposes and that they have (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

Oh, the AGONY of trying to build them, though! You'd have to raid DOZENS of Paradisa sets for the curved-top windows for a car! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | iPlanet Support - (URL) A (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) You notice the page's delivery date moves back every day, we have a month delay to get one, from the day you order, so if you order on the 30th of April, you'll get it after the 30th of May. Josh (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pneumatically driven locomotive ??

Mario Ferrari did a "robot" for a Sumo competition in Italy: (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re:Re: Pneumatically driven locomotive ??

(...) Joe Nagata built a "Air Engine Car": (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) I guess that its fair to say that you've left Houston already? I'd enjoy meeting you (wouldn't rule out a trip to the airport) if you're still here! james Simpson (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

Whoa. Cool link, Duane! What a great resource for a modern passenger train! Thanks! -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pneumatically driven locomotive ??

I know someone built a pneumatically driven car... Anyone in lugnet.technic remember who it was/where the pics are? Duq (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) discussion since I'm mostly a space head) I worked for Colorado Railcar last year and they build specialty dome cars. Mostly diners and galley cars. You can see examples at their site. (URL) this helps sombody out... -Duane (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) No. Bi-levels are not "dome-nature" (for example, the METRA commuter cars, or the GO cars, or the Southern (UK) railway cars(1)), but are simply a way to get more people into the space available. Fortunately, railways have not taken this to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Sticky tape. The blue 2x2 macaroni pieces are from the cement mixers in 4565, and then the tape is carried (perhaps was :), around the back of the cars. The cars were rather fragile, the bogie's are only held in place by a 1x4 plate, and the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Ben - how many do you think we can shift through e-Bay before their backorders start being filled in America? ;-) And can any of you continentals beat 10:00 GMT 25/04/2001 (09:00 UK local time)? Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Would you characterize "bi-level" as "dome-nature"? My impression has been that bi-level cars are fully bi-level (and pretty darn tall), but then I haven't ever really studied passenger trains much (actually, I tend not to be too much into in (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Sort of. Oh boy. Books can be written on this topic. Many books HAVE been. Go read them for more detail Pardon my terseness, I am in Houston between flights, enroute to San DiLego for the (non)Wedding Fest. Railroads tend to order custom. So (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: BR52 Steam Locomotive

(...) That's an awesome rendition of the Kriegslok! To bad I can't build like that, my V188 doesn't come close in the level of detail that his BR52 displays. But then again, not many diesels do anyway. -Harvey (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  An orange TGV- Always nice to see

New to me is this orange TGV showcased among many other great MOC's. I always love seeing new European stock passenger trains. Well done. Lots of Halloween pumpkins? (URL) Mathis (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: BR52 Steam Locomotive

(...) contours in the subtle shadows of an predominately dark-colored locomotive. <snipped highlights> (...) Brilliant. (...) Just that it is so cool that so many folks are building stunning steam locomotives. :-) later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Very nice VIA train set. Nice yellow nose. What did you do for the yellow stripe curving around the tail-end of the last car in the set? Is that sticker-tape, or is there a yellow curved plate? later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Yep. Like: (URL) last photo). And yes, we did steal the idea from the same place :) James (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) snip lots of useful information (...) Lar, What is the difference between a dome car and an observation car? Is a dome car just an observation car that fits in the middle of a train? By my interpretation even though both the "Club Car" and my (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

(...) stream liner (not me). Chris (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Jeepers Creepers!! Can you leave half a dozen availabe for the Americas?? Please, please? We would like to have some too! Katie (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) My Big Black Loco with Tender, plus my light set arrived late yesterday. The light set consists of a standard train light brick, a sliver reflector, an ordinary 1x2 black brick, a 9v cable (20cm?) and instructions on how to build it into all (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Passenger Train Consists (was: Re: brick/plate height ruler...)

(...) I just happened to be surfing looking for some Hiawatha info the other night, and came up with this URL: (URL) has scanned an original, full brochure on the Milwaukee Road's Olympian Hiawatha-- what a cool primary resource:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) Here is a typical(1) consist for a 15 or so car train from the heavyweight era that I just made up, but which ought to be fairly representative. Starting from the front: -baggage -baggage -Railway Post Office -Dormitory -Coach -Coach -Coach (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) 25? (...) Or we Europeans have ordered too much stuff after the prices and pictures have appeared at Lego.com. ;-) I myself have ordered not more than 4 copies, but nearly every friend around has done the same. If you know xTI@AN: that guy has (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) And Canada... It must be in a container on a ship someplace... TFM -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  JULY BAYLUG MEETING and brick/plate height ruler...

Some guys just love to gloat! So TOM how about building an 8 wide metroliner? I've completed a new SW1 8 wide switcher, and have rebuilt the 8 wide hopper. Its much better. Did you scan those instruction cards? Are you happy with out deal for parts? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) I ment to put May, Its amazing that it's only back ordered in the US Josh (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

You want a 25-car Metroliner? I can do that ;-) I've just been playing around with designs for various cars. I have enough Metroliners, I just need to figure out HOW MANY of each car to make. I need to build a mail car, 2-3 Club Cars, a ton of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

Bare-Metal Foil Co. = (URL) the pics at the URLs below are decaled with Microscale Decals not custom; I can't print white :( SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

Steve, Thanks for the info! I think I am going to go try to pick up a sample sheet this weekend to try out. Can you send me the name of the product? If it works for me, I am all over the bulk buy! Jake --- AFOL LUGNET Member 211 (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Good point. No, you can't. The tender uses some black pieces (the rear panel for instance) and red lights from the colour bag, as well as (obviously) several of the coloured bricks (1x2s, a 1x6, 1x1s with handles). You have to rob these back (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GCEA4y.IEH@lugnet.com... (...) used (...) It works like this: 3740 Small loco 3741 Large loco 3742 Tender 3743 Blue parts 3744 Green parts 3745 Black parts 3746 Brown parts 3747 *DARK* (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Nope - you can build the tender without opening the engine box. It only uses parts from the tender box and the colour kit polybag. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCDKJM.2DG@lugnet.com... (...) It is only the US site that says back ordered - MAY 25th. The European sites still say available. regards lawrence (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

"Chris Leach" <cleach@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GCDEAz.E3z@lugnet.com... (...) i'm (...) No. Lighting instructions are not included And at first sight, there isnt any obvious place where the light would go. If you look at (URL) will see (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: brick/plate height ruler...

(...) I originally made it to measure stripe on various "Daylight"-type passenger coaches, so I could easily tell where the stripes were, but I could also tell the top and bottom, level of the windows, etc. without worrying about the distance (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) I wonder it thats why the site says backordered, will deliver on March 25? I'm ordering grey soon! Josh (...) (23 years ago, 26-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Lawrence.are the instructions to add the light kit alreading included?(i know you have to order the kit seperatly but i have a ton of lights and i'm hoping to just use those) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Yup, you're probably right. I was just guessing. Still, I shouldn't have to guess much longer since my large engine with tender should arrive in the post tomorrow :) I've ordered the lighting set too, and it will be interesting to see how that (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

It's like fishing for Halibut, ya gotta leave the bait out for a long time! :) Thanks for picking up this thread! I have been moving forward on this topic. Sorry that I didn't update the group but with no response I wasn't sure there was any (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: New train kits

You are correct, sir! <a la Phil Hartmann doing Ed McMahon> -John (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New train kits

I assume that LEGO S@H is already offering these kits? -Harvey (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Isn't it as likely that the tender uses some pieces from the base kit (either 3740 or 3741), and some pieces from the tender kit (3742) are used in the modified engine? Steve (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

(...) Jake- I think you'll find that to get the most unobtrusive results, decals are superior to stickers. They are more of a hassle as well. Both Champ and Microscale: (2 URLs) clear and white sheets of decal paper. You *will* need to use a laser (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) Well, I've got KT204 - the green large one with a tender. The instructions come in the separate tender / engine boxes, and mine show blue bricks as well, despite it being a green engine. I presume the blue one was the original design. (Note: (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

(...) Here is what I have done so far. Hope it helps. For doing my own labels I use Avery Clear Shipping labels. These can be had at most Office Supply stores. The one drawback to these are that they are not truly clear, they are more translucent. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Paul Cook" <astronut1@lycos.com> wrote in message news:GCCHJF.BLC@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) Camera - Olypus C2000Z (couple years old now) - set on SQ (640x480) Pop in USB card reader on PC Quick bit of cropping and automatic enhancement in (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(...) It's not the speed of UPS that's impressed me, it's the speed with which Lawrence got the photos up on his website!!! How'd you do that? I'd love to know what camera you used. Judging by the instruction booklet and the label on the side of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) It's not aware as to where it is, that _can_ be done, but I haven't investigated far enough to tell _how_ to do it. (You can cornfield meet 2 trains with DCC easy...its much harder to do so with regular train wiring) DCC is primarily intended (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We got one! Is this a first?

"Frank Buiting" <frank.buiting@infopulse.nl> wrote in message news:GCC9o7.LA3@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) black airplane windows - but no glass instructions are generic I think - but I cant tell as they are for the blue train, and I ordered a blue (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  New Train - KT203 - Opening the box - first impressions

(URL) all of you dying to know how the new trains are packaged, here are a few photos of the contents. I havent had time to make it up yet Will have to wait till tonight regards lawrence (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) I agree with that! Models can only be appreciated to the fullest by seeing the stuff in all three dimensions :-) However, the layout I have in mind requires at lot of wooden structures to support the scenary, I have uploaded my initial design (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Home layouts (Re: Huge layout)

(...) Sounds like a fun layout! I really like the kind of tracks where the train _really_ travels some distance and you have to move to keep the train in view :-) Trains running from one room to another are big fun! :-) (...) I'm thinking of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We got one! Is this a first?

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GCC9D2.Kut@lugnet.com... (...) you beat me by one hour regards lawrence (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: We got one! Is this a first?

(...) I'm not going to build it until lunch, in 3 hours time. What I can tell you, is that it comes in a fat box with a tick section on the side. It contains two packages which are the bases for the large engine and tender respectively, then a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: We got one! Is this a first?

(...) Great! That's fast :-) Can you tell us a little about the parts in the set? Are there black airplane windows (with glass)? What do the instructions look like specialised for the green train or generic? Are the parts printed or does it use (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  We got one! Is this a first?

Got a new train! Large green with tender, on my desk when I got in this morning. Arrived about 8:30 am UK time, 09:30 GMT. That's my lunchtime fixed then... Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: pictures of the LEGO fest in Muelheim, Germany (Part II)

(...) station (...) has (...) chateau: (...) had the "too big for layout"-discussion here... But at that time my chateau was finished to 99%. And I'm a detail fanatic. Under that aspect this building is much more impressing in my eyes. (URL) of SNOT (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20 (yes TWENTY) new trains at LEGO.com/Shop - Themes | Trains

(...) Have not, will too, didn't either! (...) Should have let me have last word. Siggy doesn't count. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More sticker/decal talk

Hi Jake, I saw in our computer store at work today a package of clear labels for ink jet printers. These are the "standard size"(?) sticky back, address labels 1 by, maybe, 3 inches on a 8x 11 inches sheet. I am not sure of the brand name but they (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact