 Trains / 10974
Re: brick/plate height ruler...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:51:41 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:

Lar,

What is the difference between a dome car and an observation car? Is a dome
car just an observation car that fits in the middle of a train? By my
interpretation even though both the "Club Car" and my observation car[1] have
observation domes the "Club Car" would be a dome car, but my observation car >is
an observation car because it designed to go at the end of a train. Is this >right?

Sort of.

Snip all the information (thanks by the way)

Whoa! Lots of information there. I just wondered what you meant by dome as
compared to observation. It seems that both dome car and observation cars serve
the same varied purposes and that they have the same varied construction (some
have bubbles some don't). The big difference seems to be that an observation car
resides at the end of a train.

no time to look at yours now but I will later.

No need to go check, you have already commented on it (it was a good comment
too, thanks.)

++Lar

Chris

--