 Trains / 10955
Re: brick/plate height ruler...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:10:52 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
You want a 25-car Metroliner?  I can do that ;-)

I've just been playing around with designs for various cars.  I have enough
Metroliners, I just need to figure out HOW MANY of each car to make.  I need to
build a mail car, 2-3 Club Cars, a ton of regular passenger cars, then figure
out what ELSE to build.

Here is a typical(1) consist for a 15 or so car train from the heavyweight
era that I just made up, but which ought to be fairly representative.
Starting from the front:

-baggage
-baggage
-Railway Post Office
-Dormitory
-Coach
-Coach
-Coach
-Kitchen/Diner
-Diner
-Coach
-Coach
-Dome
-Dome/Snack
-Coach
-Coach
-Observation

snip lots of useful information

++Lar

Lar,

  What is the difference between a dome car and an observation car? Is a dome
car just an observation car that fits in the middle of a train? By my
interpretation even though both the "Club Car" and my observation car[1] have
observation domes the "Club Car" would be a dome car, but my observation car is
an observation car because it designed to go at the end of a train. Is this right?

Thanks,
Chris

1. http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/NOLTC/coaches/coaches.htm

--