 Trains / 10962
Re: brick/plate height ruler...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:34:40 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
A car has the "dome-nature" if it has a raised seating area characterised by
windows that arch across the entire roof. Typically this seating area is
"non-revenue" that is, the seats are extra and coach or sleeper passengers
go sit in them instead of their seats, on a first come first served basis
(or maybe only sleeper and other extra fare passengers get to use it, or
maybe non whites are banned, etc. etc. depending on the era). Domes can be a
small (20 passengers or less) seating area or full length. Full length are
usually more modern. Below the dome can be a lounge, crew quarters, a snack
bar, office space etc, anything that doesn't require a lot of headroom...

Would you characterize "bi-level" as "dome-nature"? My impression has
been that bi-level cars are fully bi-level (and pretty darn tall), but
then I haven't ever really studied passenger trains much (actually, I
tend not to be too much into in depth train research, though in other
areas I am [I've spent several days in the library at various times
researching stuff for RPGs for example]).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com