 Trains / 10915
Re: pictures of the LEGO fest in Muelheim, Germany (Part II)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:44:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:

My latest own creations have been the bended roof of the Braunschweig • station
(consisting basically out of 1x2x1 in black) and the Chateau in tan. That • has
been heavy inspired by the chateau we have seen at the PNLTC record layout.
(Who had built that?)

<sulk>  I thought you might have been inspired by *my* (award winning;-) • chateau:

I have seen that some time ago, and I have looked at it again last week, as you
had the "too big for layout"-discussion here... But at that time my chateau was
finished to 99%.

And I'm a detail fanatic. Under that aspect this building is much more
impressing in my eyes.
Lots of SNOT technic and very clever use of elements. For e.g. the 2x2x0.33
turntable bases as windows! I love such ideas. Felsir did the same for his
gravel silo (and has found the idea on his own).

When I started building, I did not take a single look at that builöding,
because I feared I could be too much focused on it. I wanted to find my own
ideas. I think at least my roof windows, and the details round the normal
windows are superior to this building. But the entrance, the stairs and many
other details are better than mine.

My respect to that model builder! (And of course your building is great too,
but I'm missing the details around so far.)

Ben