 Town / 5261
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:36:32 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Jacob, what's your thinking on having the sidewalk be part of the building
module?  My preference would be to have the sidewalk separate (as part of
the road plate) but I'm interested in your reasons.

My main reason is that it makes for an easy way to connect buildings to
their surroundings, but there is also the benefit of making it easier for
the buildings to utilise their sidewalk.  I was probably also inspired by
one of the LTC's, which apparently already has decided on a standard
sidewalk.

The problem with deciding on a standard sidewalk is that we sort of lock
out road plates that don't match that sidewalk width.

If nobody else gets around to it, I will probably formalise my suggestion
over the weekend.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Experimental parallel cable-stayed bridge:
http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Broer/Skr%E5stagsbro-parallel/