 Town / 5239
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.town, William R. Ward writes:

The trouble with this is that it can't fit on a 30" or 45" wide table.
For some train clubs, it's important to be able to reach all parts of
the layout.  So I am against any standard that requires buildlings to
be very big.  But see below...

Chris was proposing 2x3 standard 10 inch 32 stud a side baseplates I think,
not the 15 inch extra large 48 stud kind. Hope that helps.

Yes, but it's still tight fitting that on 30" wide table (either a banquet
table or a PNLTC module) once you have road plates and track(s) next to it.
My understanding from the pics is that the actual buildings themselves cover
2 x 3 baseplates.

I think the module idea is wonderful, but 2x3 baseplates seems too big to
me. How about a smaller module with standard connections (even a 32x32
baseplate alone) - anyone wanting to build larger buildings simply uses
multiple modules, and it doesn't exclude the (probably many) people who
can't run to 6 baseplates covered with buildings, and is easier to fit into
a layout on 30" wide tables.

Kevin
Kevin ,what is your thinking then just a block being 1 32x32 baseplate wide?
That seems to small.I have seen alot of train show pics and it seems most
clubs put at least 2 30" tables together(we in MichLTC do both 2 and 3
tables deep)So I dont think a 2x3 block with the added roads on 1 side of
the long and one side of the short makes it to big.My thinking is we don't
have to make them to connect like the space modules but our connections
would be via the roads.I know you mentioned maybe people can't fill a 2x3
area with buildings but they could put buildings and maybe your own version
of a urban garden or park in your block.  Also as for these being on tables
I don't think all those space modules (when a big enough group of people say
at a brickfest or something) will fit onto tables. What was everyones plan
when alot of people show with alot of them?   Chris  MichLTC