 Town / 5241
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:47:29 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Chris Leach wrote in message ...
Kevin ,what is your thinking then just a block being 1 32x32 baseplate • wide?
That seems to small.I have seen alot of train show pics and it seems most
clubs put at least 2 30" tables together

It seems to me better to have a small module which can be joined and
arranged in many different ways, than a large monolithic module. If your
basic module is 32x32 you can make an arrangement as large as you like
(including 2x3 baseplates with roads all round :-)  ), but the reverse is
not true.

Hmmmm that's true....I was just tring come up with a stadard "block size"
which is still possible if you build modules that are able to go
together.Let's just say then the max could be the 2x3 32x32 plate size and
no bigger which will allow for a row of "blocks" that are symmetrical. Now
we need to settle on some standards for conections.that should be easy:-)