 Town / 5237
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:00:26 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.town, William R. Ward writes:

The trouble with this is that it can't fit on a 30" or 45" wide table.
For some train clubs, it's important to be able to reach all parts of
the layout.  So I am against any standard that requires buildlings to
be very big.  But see below...

Chris was proposing 2x3 standard 10 inch 32 stud a side baseplates I think,
not the 15 inch extra large 48 stud kind. Hope that helps.

Yes, but it's still tight fitting that on 30" wide table (either a banquet
table or a PNLTC module) once you have road plates and track(s) next to it.
My understanding from the pics is that the actual buildings themselves cover
2 x 3 baseplates.

I think the module idea is wonderful, but 2x3 baseplates seems too big to
me. How about a smaller module with standard connections (even a 32x32
baseplate alone) - anyone wanting to build larger buildings simply uses
multiple modules, and it doesn't exclude the (probably many) people who
can't run to 6 baseplates covered with buildings, and is easier to fit into
a layout on 30" wide tables.

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: