 Town / 5259
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:22:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Chris Leach wrote in message ...
In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
Do we need a max size?

I was thinking a max size so that the cross roads would work and so there • is
a "standard" to work with.(my whole point of this)and we get a more block
feel.

I like towns where the blocks are not all the same size, personally, and
it's often necessary to fit into a given table area.

If there was no max size, there would be nothing stopping you standardizing
as a club or personally on a 2x3 baseplate block, but it wouldn't restrict
others who might not need or want that restriction.

Kevin
Ok... now the fun part is we still need to come up a good standard for
connecting buildings....:-)

If I am following this right, standard block 2 x 3, add roads on 2, 3 or 4
sides depending on placement in block group.  If you fill the block, then
attachment to other buildings would be self contained on your block.
Sidewalks would be on road plate with building overlaping the road plate by
one stud for connection.

Any standard on skywalks, street light, traffic light placement?

Matthew Greene
MSLTC