 Town / 5247
Re: City blocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:55:54 GMT

Chris Leach wrote in message ...
In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
It seems to me better to have a small module which can be joined and
arranged in many different ways, than a large monolithic module. If your
basic module is 32x32 you can make an arrangement as large as you like
(including 2x3 baseplates with roads all round :-)  ), but the reverse is
not true.

Hmmmm that's true....I was just tring come up with a stadard "block size"
which is still possible if you build modules that are able to go
together.Let's just say then the max could be the 2x3 32x32 plate size and
no bigger which will allow for a row of "blocks" that are symmetrical.

Do we need a max size? Provided a large size module has connections in the
right place, or is self-contained inside road plates, I think it could be as
large as desired. The city block I built for last year's club layout was 2x4
baseplates. Now, if I had built that of 32x32 modules, I could shrink it
down to 2x3 baseplates if necessary, or plug more modules into teh middle to
make it fill more space.

Now
we need to settle on some standards for conections.that should be easy:-)

LOL!

Let's take Bill Ward's post as a starting point...
http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=5231

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: