 Technic / 9120
Re: new 2003 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:58:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kirby Warden writes:
This stuff is great!!

I remember about three years ago, Lego said it would be about three years
before they could begin emerging from the Junior Age.  I've been waiting
patiently for this to actually occur and am pleased that they stuck to their
word.  Next year should even be better once they realise how well these
models are going to sell!

Fantastic shuttle and rocket sets!

Nice helo!

Nice boat!

Nice truck!

It's going to be a great year for my collection!

All the spacecraft are brilliant - I particularly like the Arianne 5 and the
shuttle.  The truck is amazing, though I think the helicopter and boat are a
little too plain.  They're clearly intended to compete with the MegaBloks
models of this size, but dare I say it they don't look as good as some of
the things MegaBloks have done.  It'll be interesting to see if the price
points are anywhere near competitive too.

While I'm no fan of MegaBloks, it has to be said that they've settled nicely
into a big gap in the market that Lego never seemed to notice before.

Jason J Railton