 Technic / 9167
Re: new 2003 sets: 8455
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:19:13 GMT

By the way, did anyone notice that those two versions of 8455 ar not the same?

http://www.kostow.de/images/LEGO-8455.jpg
http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/usr/usergallery/avt.sized.jpg

Marco, I guess you saw the second one.

Avi Parvin

In lugnet.technic, Marco Berti writes:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin Clague writes:
I'm envious that you got to play with this already Marco.

I had a few minutes free time while attending the show, so I took the chance ...

Just the time to realize that is a very nice model but that without airtank,
even with the two pump, you pump , make a movement, had to pump again before
making a new movement and so on ... nevertheless it will be not so hard to
install an airtank ...

I'm certainly buying it.  It will be interesting to see what else I can make
with that list of parts.  10 pistons is a lot!

there was a second model built from the set pices, but was far to be impressive

marco

Kevin

In lugnet.technic, Marco Berti writes:
In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski writes:
take a closer look at 8455
IMHO it has more than 9 pistons
near the right rear stake there is one valve positioned in other way
i think its valve to control rotation of arm
so is has to have 10 or even 11 pistons
(and there is 2 pumps)

what do you think

pixel

I had the chance to play with it at the Nurnberg Toy Fair, 10 piston, 2
pumps , no air tank :(
It has new pistons and new valve.

marco