 Technic / 9175
Re: new 2003 sets: 8455
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:00:02 GMT

1) Two pistons to tilt bucket, clearly showing, and new type of piston w/o
bottom 2x2, I dislike it 'cause it will be even harder to "stack" them in • order
to make a longer piston. With any luck there is a cross axle hole instead of • a
round one. However it looks like it's round.

I found an easy solution to piston stacking:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/pistons/pistons-00.html

Nice one! TJ also have one (actually two) versions:
http://www.texbrick.com/ideas/cyl/

My point was all of these solutions is impossible with the new cylinder since
it lacks the 2 x 2 "brick" in the bottom.

I know.  Actually you said it was more difficult.  I doubt it is impossible.
When I get 8455 I'll have to see what I can do.

What I meant as impossible is the two solutions found abouve since you no
longer can attach studs on the bottom of the piston. I'm sure the pistons still
can be attached back-to-back in another manner, hence more difiicult. But who
knows? Perhaps it will be an easy task from then on, especially if the holes
were cross-shaped instead of round...

/Tobbe