 Technic / 4971
Re: garage doors arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 19:46:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Tom Stangl writes:

The 20x30 rims/tires are also available as 5248, the picture is unclear
as to whether they are white or grey rims, but Lugnet seems to show them as
white rims.

  Well, you do know that the same hub is available in white, under
  5271 (these are solid balloon tyres)?  Grey is 5248, white 5271,
  and the 81mm giants are 5246.  (I'm *so* very happy to get some
  of those, lemme tell you...)

  best

  LFB

I only found out today that the old 5271 solid tyre's have an indentical
clone in the 6852 which is a 'hollow' or real balloon tyre as it's filled
with air. There indistinguishable except close up. The hubs are also
completely different so the 6852 hubs cannot be exchanged with 5284's.

Steve

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6582

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7BA404075A%2D4106%2D4075%2D804E%2DFEDFEEB5E222%7D