 Local / United Kingdom / 6484
Re: garage doors arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 11:23:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Mark Morgan writes:

I think Jason is perfectly within his rights to do this.

Which Jason is it? :-)

Buy it all, keep what you want, sell what you don't want.

I agree under certain conditions.

No doubt that the wheels will go over the S@H price, but he won't charge
S@H's exorbitant £9 delivery charge.  This alone makes small orders
unattractive, which, after all is what service packs were supposed to be
for.

I only paid £6 for delivery, approximately 10%.

The only 24x43 wheel I could find on brickbay was $20 for a very scabby
sounding one!

I picked up two for £2 at Gosport, they only require a good wash. I also
bought four off Ebay at resonable prices. I was lucky there wasn't much
competition at the time.

Also, many people just don't have the time to search high and low for
the bargains and like the one stop 24/7 ebay marketplace.  I'd buy
everything there if I had the money, but to date have only 'won' one
auction due to the fact that I am a tightwad.

I think searching for stuff is half the fun. I'm also a bit of a tightwad
but know when to 'splash the cash' as it we're. If we we're all tightwads
that would really keep the price's down, it only takes one person buying up
everything at high prices to send prices up across the board. I've won a few
auctions but haven't secured any real bargains.

I think, you should just buy what you intend to use, although a stockpile
won't hurt if you know you'll use them. I bought lot's of tyre's but their
already earmarked, I'm already begining to think I didn't buy enough. Tyre's
don't even go far, for example a 6x4 tractor unit consumes 10 tyres alone if
you fit dual rear tyres! And then there's the trailer, an extra 6 or 8.
Buying tyre's to sell onto the U.S just depletes stock's I might wan't to
buy at a later date. I suppose I should just buy massive quantities when
they're available but that place's a strain on the wallet.

Steve