 Local / United Kingdom / 6482
Re: garage doors arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 00:57:17 GMT

Steven Lane wrote:

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tom Stangl writes:

The 24x43 rims/tires are available as set 5246 at S@H Europe.  It has white
rims.  The 20x30 rims/tires are also available as 5248, the picture is unclear
as to whether they are white or grey rims, but Lugnet seems to show them as
white rims.

I've just looked on ebay and their are two lots of four tyres, one set of
each listed above. New misb straight from S&H no doubt. I suppose the vendor
could be described as offering a service to those outside of europe who
can't buy direct. Although it would be a shame if a european buyer paid over
the odds if they didn't know they could buy direct. The price hasn't gone
above S&H's yet but I'm sure it will.

What do you lot think?

Steve

I think Jason is perfectly within his rights to do this.  We all do it
to a certain extent and benefit mutually from it.  Buy it all, keep what
you want, sell what you don't want.

eg My brother in law has two mint boxed 928s and two boxed 918s in his
attic.  I already have these sets, so don't need any more. (at least
that's what my NLSO says)  I can put him in touch with an army of people
that will be willing to take them off his hands.  I'm sure those people
won't mind if I take something for my trouble. (the grey doors)

At least that's how I'm told the world works - I wouldn't know first
hand, I'm a teacher ;-)

No doubt that the wheels will go over the S@H price, but he won't charge
S@H's exorbitant £9 delivery charge.  This alone makes small orders
unattractive, which, after all is what service packs were supposed to be
for.

The only 24x43 wheel I could find on brickbay was $20 for a very scabby
sounding one!

Also, many people just don't have the time to search high and low for
the bargains and like the one stop 24/7 ebay marketplace.  I'd buy
everything there if I had the money, but to date have only 'won' one
auction due to the fact that I am a tightwad.

What gets me, is people who do wanted ads claiming to be a collector,
then sell off everything at auction.  That seems blatantly dishonest.

Mark

Had to laugh - my computer spell checker tried to change NLSO to LSO.
I've been unsuccessful at doing this for ages.  Nice to know someone is
on my side.