 Technic / 4228
Re: a question for those with lots of technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:19:10 GMT

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@supermail.com> writes:

Your're right; the old 24x43 tires/wheels would probably work very well here
due to their stiff design. The newer, air-filled tires of the same size
(8857/8880, 8448, 8457, 8458, etc) seem to look flattened when a lot of
weight is forced upon them. My guess is that this is probably due to the
fact that Lego tires are not airtight and therefore the air can escape
rather easily (and that the air is not pressurized in the first place).

If you look closely you can see tiny air holes in the hubs for the
air-filled tires (at least all types I have have those holes),
so they are by design not airtight.
It might be an interesting project to change that and apply pressure :-)

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/