 Technic / 4163
Re: a question for those with lots of technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:03:56 GMT

Jennifer Clark wrote:

2) all the weight of the cars is too much for lego parts to
bear without extensive (and ugly) bracing.

I am not so sure about this either; if you look at car transporter trailers,
much of the design of the real thing is in fact bracing - function has
dictated form. Presumably it would be possible to use this to your advantage
in the Technic model, in fact I suspect that if you followed the layout of a
real transporter the model would be surprisingly strong.

True, the triangulation of a real transport truck's structure would help
make the trailer strong, but the weak point IMO would be the black pegs
that connect all the pieces together.  There's just too much freeplay at
the joints, and loading a trailer with a dozen kilos would make the
trailer flex and sag.

Cheers,
//Henry Chea
                          hchea@kungstorget.nu
            *S*  Göteborg, ja ja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                       http://www.kungstorget.nu