 Technic / 4148
Re: a question for those with lots of technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:08:47 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Has anyone considered building a car transporter thats to scale with the
8880,8448,8865 supercars?

I thought about it after I got a 8462 tow truck & realised it was way too
small. After some playing, I realised the main problem is wheels. You could get
away with 24x43s, but they're really a bit small for a prime mover of that
scale.

Actually, there's some pictures just posted on BrickShelf at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=3550 (by LegoMen) that display
this rather graphically. This truck is about 22 studs wide, and the wheels are
already starting to look a bit small for it (great model though!).

Apart from that, it'd be a pretty cool project!

ROSCO