 Technic / 4178
Re: a question for those with lots of technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 03:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
As far as I know they're the biggest wheels around. They're the same
diameter as the Silver Champ wheels. The Power Puller tyres could be
slightly bigger, but they're the same hubs. So I'm afraid they'll have to do
the job....

Yeah, they actually don't look too bad if several of them are used (as done
in Dennis Bosman's mobile crane). The ones placed in the rear can also be
stacked in front of each other pretty easily to make the model look a bit
more realistioc (real trucks seem to have multiple tires placed on top of
one another in the rear).

The 8428/8462 tires are another solution; they look much nicer than the
others IMHO but the radius is even smaller than that of the 24x43's, which
would probably make the thing look somewhat out-of-proportion.

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com