 Technic / 4149
Re: a question for those with lots of technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 01:25:20 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Has anyone considered building a car transporter thats to scale with the
8880,8448,8865 supercars?

I have made my own supercars (sorry I haven't made a good website for
them yet), including a Honda CRX, a Honda NSX, and a McLaren F1 LM
Roadcar. These are all approximately to the scale of Lego's supercars,
although the McLaren somehow suctioned up all the pieces of three 8880's
and one 8448, and who knows what other sets.  From having these cars
lined up end-to-end, I don't think it's possible to build a lego
transporter for two reasons: 1) there aren't wheels big or strong
enough, and 2) all the weight of the cars is too much for lego parts to
bear without extensive (and ugly) bracing.  Plus, the transporter would
span the length of a couple meters, at least.

//Henry Chea

*S*  Göteborg, ja ja, jag behöver inget mer!  *S*
                http://www.kungstorget.nu