 Technic / 1185
Re: Broken pieces in 8448 Supercar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 06:53:00 GMT

In article <FqIL4B.DEs@lugnet.com>, "Joel VanAtta" <CompGuy926@aol.com>
wrote:

You shouldn't have any problems with them, even if you purchased it in
January. The problem was with a limited number of the first-round
cylinders
and I'm sure they caught it and cleared it up way before January.

I bought mine near the end of December at TRU and it did have the
problem.  Hard to say how long stock stays in the distribution channel,
though, so perhaps January is safe.

However, people shouldn't panic and avoid the 8448 on the chance that
they might get an old set and have the problem.  TLG is very good about
replacing parts - especially for something like this where there's a
known problem.  When I called, they knew right away what the problem
was, explained that the parts were redesigned, and promptly sent me two
parts even though I only called to report one of them being broken.

Dave Baum

p.s. Any company can provide good customer service when nothing goes
wrong.  The true test is how they respond to problems, and in this
regard I have always been very impressed with TLG.

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com