 Technic / 886
885  |  887
Subject:
Broken pieces in 8448 Supercar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:17:00 GMT

I bought the 8448 supercar about 3 months ago.  It's been sitting on my desk
at work and hasn't really been touched at all.  The doors have been opened
probably 30 times.  This leads me to my problem.  The doors are raised
automatically by a spring loaded cylinder (I'm not sure of the actual name of
this piece).  Said spring is held in place by a small lip in the cylinder that
forces the compression of the spring when the door is down.  I tried to open
the doors today and found that the lips on *both* cylinders had cracked,
allowing the springs to decompress into the cylinder itself.  End result is
that the doors won't open.

Here's my question.  Anyone else seen this happen?  Any suggestions about
fixing it?  Should I just try to get replacements from TLC?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Vaughan