 Technic / 1202
1201  |  1203
Subject:
getting replacements for defective parts (was "Re: Broken pieces in 8448 Supercar?")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tom Napolitano writes:

you may be able to get a free replacement from Lego
or like I you may not.
It seems to depend upon the phase of the moon.

Actually, I've had this happen to me once.

I was trying to get an out-of-production piece --
specifically, a 6x4 hard-plastic flag
with the Imperial (Redcoat) Soldiers pattern
(from the Pirates line) -- replaced (or substituted),
since it was from a MISB Pirates set,
and the person at Consumer Affairs
was almost snooty in pointing out that this piece
was out of production and could not be replaced.

So, after I cooled down, I waited a week or so,
and I called again.  I got someone else this time,
and she was *happy* to get this piece replaced for me
(I was amazed they still had it in stock;
I would have been perfectly happy to get
a fabric Jolly Roger as a substitution for it.

So, my advice is, wait a few days,
and then call back.  :-)

Thanks,
Franklin