 Technic / 1187
Re: Broken pieces in 8448 Supercar?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:19:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Baum writes:
.
I bought mine near the end of December at TRU and it did have the
problem.  Hard to say how long stock stays in the distribution channel,
though, so perhaps January is safe.

However, people shouldn't panic and avoid the 8448 on the chance that
they might get an old set and have the problem.  TLG is very good about
replacing parts - especially for something like this where there's a
known problem.  When I called, they knew right away what the problem
was, explained that the parts were redesigned, and promptly sent me two
parts even though I only called to report one of them being broken.

    Sometimes they're responsive, sometimes not.  I talked to the nice
representative  in January and yes, they were aware of the problem and
I received a letter explaining how dedicated they are to customer
satisfaction.  But that's all I got.  A letter doesn't fix the problem,
as the part is still broken.

p.s. Any company can provide good customer service when nothing goes
wrong.  The true test is how they respond to problems, and in this
regard I have always been very impressed with TLG.
.
    True, very true.