 Star Wars / 4091
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:04:28 GMT

George Luscas has a team of people that do nothing but insure that all
the movies, books, comics, and even the plots of the computer games fit
into a complete non-contradictory and interlaced story.  For example, SW
ep.4 special edition had the "outrider" fly out of Mos Eisly as Luke and
Obi-wan get there in the speeder.  The "outrider" was only ever seen in
a comic book before that.  Bottom line: whether or not we like it the
books and comics are unlike Star Trek stuff, considered canon. (canon
refers to occurances in the ficticous universe that are regarded as fact
within that universe and cannot be contradicted.)

Point well-taken and partially conceded.  I realize that Lucas licenses all SW
products and literature, which makes me call into question the better judgment
of allowing so much thrown-together nonsense to become part of the "official"
SW
galaxy.  I'm just not prepared to accept any weak story line or any piece of
hack writing simply because it bears the mark of approval by Lucasdom.
Inconsistent, I admit.  Even hypocritical?  Maybe so.  But Star Wars has meant
too much to me simply to swallow so much garbage that only brings it all down.

I understand your point of view and to some degree sympathize with it.
My only consolation is that Lucas trys to make sure it is all consistent
with everything else.  Paramount on the other hand totally destroyed
Star Trek with all that crap that they don't even support.

Mike "Patiently waiting for the new SW sets which are still better than
most Lego sets of the last several years" Petrucelli  :-)

James "I've no need for a protocol droid" Simpson

--
-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men"

Visit me at:  http://members.tripod.com/~LordInsanity