 Star Wars / 3923
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:34:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:

There is no exscuse for the way that Boba Fett was killed off in ROTJ.  He • had
too much potential as a character, and the grudge between he and Han had too
much plot potential to be abandoned and resolved so easily.  A major mistake
by Lucas, I think. . . and a major let-down.  Ewoks were bad enough . . . I
can accept them (finally) . . . but the sorry way that Boba Fett was killed
off in the movie . . . NEVER!

Actually, he didn't die.  I'm not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but the
first book in the "Bounty Hunter Wars" series of books by K.W. Jeter tells of
how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc.  The writing level isn't of
the same level as Timoth Zahn (few writers are), but overall I thought it was
pretty good.

Joel

<snip>