 Star Wars / 3950
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:

Actually, he didn't die.  I'm not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but the
first book in the "Bounty Hunter Wars" series of books by K.W. Jeter tells of
how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc.  The writing level isn't of
the same level as Timoth Zahn (few writers are), but overall I thought it was
pretty good.

Joel

<snip>

I've tried to read several SW books but never made it far because, honestly, I
just haven't found any to be well-written.  Just MO, of course.  I've heard
about how Boba Fett made it out of the Sarlaac Pit, and it seems reasonable
that
he should have been able to . . . I just wish that the books didn't have to
reinvent what Lucas should have done himself in the movie.  I'm not suggesting
that Boba Fett should have been a major plot focus of the movie, but once you
have developed such an intriguing character . . . treat him with a little more
respect . . . the jet pack incident was a really weak way for him to go.  Treat
the fans with a little more respect!  I was 9 when ROTJ came out, and I don't
remember any other 9 year-old who didn't love Boba Fett.  It was a real
disappointment to see him dispatched so quickly, and for no other reason than a
lack of imagination, creativity, or care on the part of the powers-that-be.
Ok.
That's my soapbox for the day.

James "I don't remember owning any droids" Simpson