 Star Wars / 3953
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:42:38 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Matthew Miller wrote:

Joel Hoornbeek <joel@webaccess.net> wrote:
how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc.  The writing level isn't • of
the same level as Timoth Zahn (few writers are), but overall I thought it • was

Oh my god let me just take this moment to say: the Timothy Zahn Star Wars
novels were some of the worst writing I've ever seen. Plot twists you could
see coming from, um, parsecs away. And about every other person is described
as having "shimmery" hair. *gah*.

Agreed. He HAS done better work, but even his best is merely airplane
fodder rather than "wow, that changed how I think about X" stuff.

I didn't mind them, but then, I wasn't looking for high liturature. ;)

My biggest nit with his SW books was the bad guy was omniscient until book
three, at which point he start being stupid.  Dropped me right out the bottom
of my suspended disbelief.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/