 Star Wars / 3946
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:16:29 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:

Actually, he didn't die.  I'm not sure if it mentioned elsewhere, but the
first book in the "Bounty Hunter Wars" series of books by K.W. Jeter tells of
how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc.

Hmm.  That must take place after the issue of the old Marvel comic Star Wars in
which he blasts his way out with his jet pack and is picked up by Jawas who
mistake him for a droid.  The amusing part?  He is delusional and beleives
himself to be a droid as well.  This lasts through most of the issue, until he
bumps into Han Solo (still on the Jawas sandcrawler) and fights with him for a
couple of pages, and winds up back in the Sarlacc pit.  I always thought that
was a fairly stupid way to end it-- after all, in the same issue they had made
it clear that his armor would protect him and he could get out with his jet
pack.  But, I guess he just got out again.

eric