 Star Wars / 3947
Re: SW set list for 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Matthew Miller wrote:

Joel Hoornbeek <joel@webaccess.net> wrote:
how he basically blew his way out of the Sarlacc.  The writing level isn't • of
the same level as Timoth Zahn (few writers are), but overall I thought it • was

Oh my god let me just take this moment to say: the Timothy Zahn Star Wars
novels were some of the worst writing I've ever seen. Plot twists you could
see coming from, um, parsecs away. And about every other person is described
as having "shimmery" hair. *gah*.

Agreed. He HAS done better work, but even his best is merely airplane
fodder rather than "wow, that changed how I think about X" stuff.

I tend to agree as well for all the Star Wars books.  I have read nearly all of
them and none has been great there were a few that were good but that is the
best it gets.

I think the biggest problem is that even the Star Wars movies have very little
in terms of character building and storyline.  They are mostly Eye Candy on top
of a relatively simple storyline that has been rehashed a thousand times
(Although mostly in more Midevil/King Arthur type settings).

That being said I keep reading the novels because I am a big fan and love all
that is Star Wars.

I would have to say that my two favorite Star Wars authors would be Michael A.
Stackpole and Kevin J. Anderson.

Eric Kingsley

Remove '.nospam' when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/