 Star Wars / 16358
Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:33:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
In lugnet.space, Ryan Schamp wrote:
My wife and I are buying a house and she wants us to sell our indulgences.
So I am selling my Lego collection, and I was wondering how much interest
there is in the Lego community to buy MOC of the Gunstar from The Last
Starfighter. Here are some pictures:

I'd say it's not cool to try to profit from something that's 90% based on my
design.

I know this will probably get me stuffed into an airlock and ejected from the
mother ship, but chill out, dude!

First of all, this doesn't look like somebody who is trying to profit from
anything.  He's selling off his toys to recoup some of his investment in order
to buy a house.

Secondly, if you don't want people to copy (and possibly improve upon) "your"
designs, don't post pictures.  Keep them locked away in your toybox where they
will feel at home in the inky blackness.  Besides, how do we know that your
designs were not influenced by someone else?  How do you even know this?  Do you
spend all of your time isolated away from the rest of the community in the
vacuum of .space?

I mean, if you think about it, anyone who resells LEGO on BrickLink is guilty of
trying to profit from TLC's patented designs.  And any MOC that is built out of
LEGO's bricks is based at some level upon their intellectual property.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here, especially on your home turf Mr.
Admiral, sir, but I think you need to relax.

- Chris.