 Star Wars / *12698 (-100)
  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) Is this really a Lego issue? I thought the deadline was actually a Lucasfilm directive and presumably Wal Mart could face contractual penalties because of all of the Episode II stuff that got put out early. (I have heard that some Hasbro (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) i work @ wal-mart in claremont NH in the electronics dept. & what you've described seemes pretty close to accurate. we try to put stuff out @ the right time, but if yo don't have the space in the storeroom racks (bins)or on the sales floor for (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) My best guess would be something like this... TLC ships xxx trailer loads of 'Spiderman' sets to the various WalMart regional warehouses. The warehouses only have so much space, so the next outgoing truck to the store in Anytown USA with (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) In my area 3 out of 4 Walmarts tend to acidentally put things out early. I had a conversation with the manager of the one that doesnt put things out early and she told me that Lego has the ability to check the stores records to see if sets (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: WalMart & Legos

(...) TRU does that sometimes too. I've seen sets about a month or so before their release date. I do admit the practice does hurt competition, but I guess that's the way Wal-Mart is. They're a bit greedy on that part, anyway. I like to wait until (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  WalMart & Legos

Perhaps I'm alone in my thoughts, but it seems like WalMart is not playing fair in regards to the scheduled release time of Legos. Time after time, they seemingly ignore the release date or "accidentally" put the stuff on their shelves while other (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Help!

(...) It is a HOQ door* not a HOG door as seen here (URL) up for you (URL) is here (URL) that my 7204 came with extras not shown in instructions: 2 tan 1x1 tile, 1 tan arm, 1 saber-handle, 1 1x1 round trans) Best DaveG *Hand Of Quigon (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ep II Review on Ain't it Cool News (warning! it contains spoilers!)

Hi, I spotted this VERY bad boy earlier today: (URL) It purports to be a clandestine review written by someone who got to see a copy of the film early at the behest of Lucasfilm. Warning, it contains spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers. I mean, assuming (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Help!

I'm making a bunker thingy for a small diorama that isn't very realistic. Does anyone know how to make the door in Jedi Defense II, and does it work? Please e-mail me or reply! Thanks! ~Evan (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Fan Sculpture at CII

(...) Tim, This is really great news, and great for both you and the LEGO fan community. I wish you the best of luck! I'll be doing my darndest to get you something donated for the Boba Fett sculpture. I'll mail you seperately on this soon. I hope (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.events)

  Re: A little help getting a new EpII set... UPDATE

UPDATE! Somone has very kindly stepped forward to help me out. So if you find any 7103's at your local Walmarts, please, just enjoy them for yourselves. If you absolutely feel the need to send them to me, though, that would also be acceptable. @8^) (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  New Voldemort (Re: 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit: Minifig Pictures)

(...) Quirrel's head. Harry Potter folks should take note! Matt (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuit: Minifig Pictures

By visiting various stores, I'm making myself EpII complete slowly but surely. Today's installment included 7133 and (later) 7103; but I wanted to share this bit now--the new Anakin and Zam Wessell minifigs. The new bit of info is that Zam's head (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Wal-Mart, Ep II sets, and so forth.

(...) Hey Brendan (and all): Yeah, I've found these EpII sets here in Jersey. But alas, no 7103s--the set I wanted most of all! (Waaah, etc.) Today was Bounty Hunter Pursuit day for me. However, if I find one, it's yours, Brendan (and at a smaller (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  A little help getting a new EpII set...

Hi there. Hate to ask a favor of my fellow LUGNETters, but... I'm hearing reports over at From Bricks to Bothans [(URL) the new Star Wars Episode II sets are being mistakenly put out for sale early by many Walmarts across the country. I'm in need of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: Fig Pictures

(...) (Believe me, I thought about parting the other two out--I may yet do it.) Well, here are the figs: (3 URLs) Yes, it's still a one-piece jetpack. (...) I agree. Most of the model could use more greeblies, and they need to close the area right (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: First Pictures

(...) The wings on the model look really weak. They should have more greebles on the technic bits used to connect them to the fuselage. (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  New MOC: TIE Shuttle

(URL) you follow the above link, you'll find youself looking at my TIE shuttle. For those who don't know, the TIE Shuttle is based on the TIE Bomber's frame, but modified to carry 2 passengers ship to ship within the Imperial Fleet. It is usually (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Common good is a law/core-democratic value. :)) But as in Ep2 the Republic sent in a ground force as well as trying to make negotiations. (...) We are on the border line. Although we don't really need electronics, most of them come from (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Yoda 7194 UCS Found at Local Walmart

Just got back from a short shopping trip and found the UCS Yoda ($97.89) at my local Walmart here in Oneida, NY. They had one other one on the shelf as well. No EPII sets yet. Also of interest to some they have 1376 Spider-Man Action Studio ($28.88) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Fan Sculpture at CII

(...) definitely donate some bricks. Its wonderful you are promoting the LEGO hobby to the mainstream SW fans. Best of luck! And, since Indy isn't that far from me (3hrs or so), I might be inclined to drive down for a day and hang out. Be sure to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.events)

  Re: Fan Sculpture at CII

And the url is . . . (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.events)

  Fan Sculpture at CII

As you may or may not know - FBTB was selected to exhibit at the second Star Wars Celebration this May in Indianapolis. Event organizers are forecasting over 35,000 people, and I'm going to do my best to bring a lot of Brick to a genre that is (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: First Pictures

As promised: (URL) And the box: (2 URLs) The new parts are those parts that have new printing or new styling, save Jango himself; new colors of parts I haven't included in the shot. best LFB (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: First Report

Hi everyone, I came across a few of these on a retailer's shelves, and I cleaned them out. Having opened the box and looked at things, it's actually a much cooler set than even I had thought at the beginning. I'll get pictures of all the new (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) I'm sorry, but the reason why no state can leave is because the Union will send an army in and occupy them. (reference THE CIVIL WAR, 1861-1865) Unity is maintained by, 1)common interests and 2)military might. (...) I think a planet or a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB at CII

The second Star Wars Celebration is in Indianapolis. More info at (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: FBTB at CII

(...) Kai --Long live the Empire-- (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Just to give an exception, the Soviet Union survived through several leaders, about 80 years. Here it was a party rather than an individual leader. Slightly different than a "Large Evil Dictatorship," but related. Or you could go with the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  FBTB at CII

As revealed at Starwars.com today, we have been selected by Lucasfilm to set up for The Big Show the first weekend in May. I have a lot of things planned, and I hope to see some of you there. Tim (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  TIE Interceptor - finally got a camera to take a couple of pics

Over a year ago I posted renderings of my TIE Interceptor MOC to Brickshelf, but never had a camera to take any photos. Today I finally got one (Fuji FinePix A201, great little camera!) and took a couple of photos to test it out. I've uploaded the 2 (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7143 available in the UK !!??

I finally found some of these today - in The Entertainer and Beatties in Solihull (nr Birmingham). £17.95 in Beatties, £19 in The Entertainer - guess which one I bought ;) Dan (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

(...) Thanks. I like to imagine it makes a noise similar to that as well. I'm not sure how I can look at those engines and think it makes that "thwem" noise, but nevertheless, I have made my fiancee laugh a couple times zipping it around while we (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  The Return of Ask LEGO

Hello - Just a note that Jacob from LEGO Direct is now actively answering questions in our forums if you'd like to stop by. It's a general section, open to more than just Star Wars. We have something of a lengthy application process to become a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Galactic Brick Comics Contest

Hi ho - Thought I'd drop word of a few beautiful things that spring brings: flowers, blue skies, things that go tweet, and last but not least, a contest at www.galacticbrick.com. If you're into LEGO, especially warped Star Wars LEGO, you are more (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  Gungan and Battle Droid Armies

I've just added our latest works, the Gungan and Battle Droid armies before they clash for the battle of Naboo. In addition to these two dioramas, I've also added the Jedi Starfighter to the opened 2002 sets. (URL) click on the thumbnails to get to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

(...) I can hear it making that Jetson's car noise as it zips by. Cool little ship. I'll be makin' me one like it soon :-) Excellent work! Chris <>< (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

(...) Thanks. (...) Hmm... I guess this means I'll actually have to come to the next one. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

Jason & All, (...) for civilians. I think Jason is taking on the task of building some futuristic civilian vehicles for our next Con outing. : ) Great job! Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

(...) Thanks, that has been pretty much my feelings about the little guy. (...) Ahh, no more traffic, just zip along above them all. :) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

(...) Weird Al also did "The Saga Begins" to American Pie, but this one is attributed thus: ... The Star Wars Cantina Sung to the tune of "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow Written by Mark Jonathan Davis Copyright 1997 Mark Jonathan Davis, according to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: VW-325 (Ant)

(...) I need one of those for my morning commute. (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  VW-325 (Ant)

I had this idea for a little ship that scooted around town/spaceport. So I am proud to announce my VW-325 or as it's otherwise know "Ant". (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

(...) him doing this one. However I'm definitely not the definitive Wierd Al fan, so I coulda missed it 8?) ROSCO (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

(...) Um...really? Which album? Matt (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

Of course the parody song was written by Weird Al Yankovic.... Not what ever MJB dude is. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

(...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Cantina...

Long URL, you may need to copy-paste it into your browser (be sure to sing along with the words!): (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: L-Wing

(...) Duplo set? Dave (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Hey, that's pretty neat. I enjoy the unconventional shape and construction method most. The propulsion system fits that ship pretty well too. (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) Take a look here: (URL) can download the trailer in Mpeg- or Divx-format. Greetz Erik (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Trailer on FOX

The Episode I Trailer looked great, and the movie really disappointed..... -Aaron Muhl "Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message news:GssDsw.D4B@lugnet.com... (...) best (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set at Walmart

(...) Saw the Jedi Starfighter at Target here in SoCal yesterday. Bruce (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set at Walmart

(...) We've got the Starfighter up here in Michigan's Toys-R-Us. (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set at Walmart

(...) Whatever they're up to, I bought the Starfighter in late February, so they've been up to it for at least several weeks. They had about a dozen sets on the top shelf, but they were in the system and were easily accessible, thanks to the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

Nice points, but I think it needs a little dash of My 2 Cents. It is hard to buy over here as well (and I don't want to start a starwars war) but according to an official LucasFilm LTD released book, there Old Republic was formed 25,000 years before (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set at Walmart

(...) The 'Jedi Starfighter's are all over the large walmarts in south GA and north FL. None sighted in the smaller stores tho. If Lego is shipping licensed SW EP- II products, then I suspect other vendors may do likewise very shortly. Ray (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Set at Walmart

I wonder what Walmart is up to, this is the second post I've seen on this. The other was in .general, the Spiderman set. That set is slated for July I think. Hmmm, maybe I'll call Walmart. (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II Set at Walmart

I actually saw a Jedi Starfighter at Walmart the other day. Are the Episode II sets supposed to be out already? Tim (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

I can find it acceptible that the Empire only lasted 30 years or so. But really I can't buy the Old Republic lasting some 20,000+ years. Given the volitile nature of Humans, perhaps maybe 200 some years. Heck, our little planet here, with only ONE (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AOTC trailer

(...) I think might help "Appearing very similar to the standard battleship -- a flattened ring shape with engines at the aft, docking claws at the fore, and a large detachable sphere in the center." (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

"Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GssMxF.990@lugnet.com... (...) I could see what you're saying about old Space, but I'm not a Space collector. I collect Town, and there's no comparison with Town sets of the past (my (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Yea well I'll still take my Galaxy Explorer over any current LEGO set. Now over some people's own mocs, that's another question. :-P (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

To All, I am sorry about the last post in this thread, I wanted to re-direct it away from LEGO Direct group, and turn it to space, where I think it should be, or at least SW. My apologies. : ) Scott "Always Lost in Space" S. -- (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Paul & All, I have given up any hope of getting my work done today, so I will come in this weekend. : / Anyway, I saw this thread and wanted to put a few comments here: (...) Right. (...) There are some good sets here, and some bad ones. But there (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Well said! If I may add a few comments: (...) I'd like to chime in here to remind people that juniorization of LEGO System sets should not be confused with the introduction of the quick-build Jack Stone sets. JS sets allow LEGO to provide simpler (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) ... (...) So-- assuming that, L&L are 22 at the end of ROTJ... (...) So, the fall of the Republic is 7 years before L&L are born... [snip from other post] (...) So-- I can only assume that Ep2-3 cover about a 7 year span? Do we know how much (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Well I did say "WELL OVER" :) (...) Thanks for giving us a more realistic figure...I seen the information on StarWars.Com, but couldn't get a finger on the amount of years. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) The Great Sith Wars was like 4,000 years before Ep4. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Luke is born at the END of Ep3 which is 4 years after Ep2. (...) Stih go way way way way back. The sith were formed after a splinter of them broke away from the Jedi Order and were exiled from the Republic. They settled on Korriban where they (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Hmmm *whips out his Star Wars Timeline* In Ep4 Luke and Leia are 18--YES thats right (well atleast what the "LucasFilm apporved Essentail Guide to Vehicles and Vessles" But the fall of the Republic is 29 years before Ep4. Now the in Ep6 the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) That is a tough question, but looking at the information on Starwars.com, and some of the other publications relating to Starwars, it must be thousands of years old. Especially when you're talking about the GREAT SITH WAR, like well over 500 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) How long did Hitler and the Third Riech last? There is some context in history that Large Evil Dictatorships only have a life as long as their origional Leader. Hitler dies so does the Third Riech... Emporer dies so does the Empire. Sure you (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) You mean Battle of Endor? :) (...) I'd use Luke/Leia as a guage. I'm assuming that they're conceived either just before or just after the Empire is formed. Bear in mind Luke & Leia were supposed to be like 16-18 when SW4 starts... then 2 to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Empire's Age?

Does anyone know how long the EMPIRE lastest before it fell apart at the battle of Yavin? Seems to me that it was a very short time no more than 50 years. I'm basing this off the fact that in SW EPII the EMPIRE is NOT offical there yet. The (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing

(...) As always very elegent. Not over the top, but still lots of neat details, and pieces used in interesting ways. I like the use of those boat bottoms(1) in particular. About using the target tile for the engine detail, well.... I guess I'll just (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) I'll wait and see the movie, but I'm sure my feelings on Yoda won't change. To me Yoda is ESB and ROTJ. His look and well just "self" didn't seem right in EpI, and the trailer looks like its more of the same for AOTC. Does anyone else know (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing

Simply amazing, again. Love the flaps, the color scheme and the pretty unusual shape, very consistent with the rest of the universe you are creating. Do you have only a rough idea of what shape it will be when you start building, or do you make (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What Hapenened to the Star Wars LCad Archive?

"Gary Blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message news:GszsLr.D1z@lugnet.com... (...) No idea. I used to love that site - I'd eagerly await the newsletter and go straight to the site when it arrived to look at the new models. Dan (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing

Mr. Palmer, you've done it again. Truely excellent work. I'm sure Incom will be calling you up soon to offer you a job :). I can't wait to see what your M-Wing is going to look like. Jamie www.ozbricks.com/jneufeld/ (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing

That really is a beautiful ship. Your work is so smooth and clean, but there are greebles where there needs to be (i.e. behind the manuvering flaps). Are those flaps from that Racers set with the ramp? I like those parts. The cockpit is tiny!!! You (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

Hey dude that is cool. The fuselage really utilizes those 'Droid Escape' curves. How many sets did you buy...6-8?? I think the cargo area is nice too. Kudos out tk (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing

(...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: L-Wing Amazing

Yet another amazing moc from Jedi Master Jon.... he never overdoes it. -paul (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  L-Wing

(URL) me what you think! (I'll have the m-wing done soon.) -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

I thought Yoda seemed a little too Yoda like. He said "Began has this clone war". Its like he's trying too hard to sound like Yoda. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Lego Ad in PC Gamer

There is a Star Wars Lego Ad in the April 2002 issue of PC Gamer Magazine It is good to see that the marketing department at Lego is finally starting to get it right !!! See it at: (URL) Stranger to Danger Dark Knight (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2002)

  What Hapenened to the Star Wars LCad Archive?

Anybody know? I can' t get to the site, I get a 'server not found' error. any help apreciated. TIA! Gary (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  AOTC trailer

I think I figured out what the spherical landers are, they look like the command spheres of the Trade Federation battleships. I read somewhere that they are detachable, can't remember where on the internet I saw it. Anyone else know? (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: I-wing and J-wing

(...) the J-Wing. Out of all of your fighters though, I'd have to say that I like the H-Wing best. (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Spamcakes, of course! I love the shape of this ship. It's so nontraditional. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Right, let me get the order form ready... Ok that will be 200,000 republic credits. No, those Candian dollars won't do. :P (...) Droid Piloted Kamazie (sp?) Blast Boats... Yeah! The orginal design did call for that area to be a fighter bay, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Thanks. One of the reasons I was drawn to do this ship was because of the asymetrical shape. The real tricky thing was getting the cockpit attached at the angle like that. (...) Well...Um... The cargo containers have hover lifters on them. So (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Thanks. I am pretty keen on those too. (...) Um.. I parted out 20. I sold off a few, so I have about 24 of those quarter panels left. (...) +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Thanks, I was pretty happy with the way those came out. I had wanted to make them swivle out but I couldnt figure anything out within that cramped space. Just thinking about it again though and I have some new ideas. I'll see what I can come (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

Jason, I love the look of the cannons here: (URL) Imperial Landing Platform is also superb! Dave "Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Gsu6KD.47t@lugnet.com... (...) Vessels" I (...) the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) I concur... You ARE becoming an old curmudgeon! (Hee-hee!) Seriously, soon you'll be shaking your fist out the door..."You whipper-snapper padawans! How many times do I have to tell you to take your lightsaber gungan-play OFF my landing pad! (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II AOTC Trailer ....

(...) I suppose I'm an old curmudgeon here, but the Ep II trailer looked very slick and very plasticky and fake. I miss the good old days of models and motion control cameras. (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

(...) Vessels" I (...) Isn't it hard to get freight in there with the ramp angled like that? ;^) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Plunderer - A small cargo ship

Awesome! I'll take two! :) Very cool, Jason! What kind of fighter are you going to hide in the small cargo container? ~Trev Visit the Astro Lift Company homepage: (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact