 Star Wars / 12683
12682  |  12684
Subject:
7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: Fig Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In article <GtEJrA.Cx8@lugnet.com>, "Mr L F Braun"
<braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

   As promised:

   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/new7153parts.jpg

   And the box:

   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/7153f.jpg
   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/7153b.jpg

Looks like some interesting new parts. Can't wait to get my hands on those. :^)

   (Believe me, I thought about parting the other two out--I may yet do it.)

   Well, here are the figs:

   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/jangofig.jpg
   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/bobafig.jpg
   http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/jangopack.jpg

   Yes, it's still a one-piece jetpack.

The wings on the model look really weak. They should have more greebles on
the technic bits used to connect them to the fuselage.

   I agree.  Most of the model could use more greeblies, and they need to
   close the area right under the "nose" (in the rested position, it's below).
   There are also two small gaps between the body and the canopy, and the
   cockpit's "rotation" makes the cargo pod shake (and there's no way to
   "lock" the rotation).  However, I think the wing issue is part of keeping
   the center of gravity unmistakably low--without the wings, the cockpit
   section could flop either way.  This way, gravity dictates rotation.

   The manual has no cartoons in it, alas.

   best

   LFB