 Star Wars / 12698
Re: WalMart & Legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:07:12 GMT

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:59:20 GMT, "Brett A. Antaya"
<dioxyn0272@aol.com> wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Hein writes:

Overall I disagree with the assessments you two have made on Walmart. I
don't believe they are greedily bent on monopolizing Lego sales by cheating
or anything else. I don't believe they regard themseves as above the rules.
I believe they simply lack good management & help (its the people that make
a difference, remember?), perhaps on a national level, and Lego has shown
that to us by shipping sets to them a month before they need to get them. I
wonder if Lego pays Walmart for the storage space these unsellable sets use
up in the back of Walmarts around the country...who is really to blame?

Brett

PS I DO like Lego better than Walmart but I can't help to wonder what Lego
expected would happen when they shipped all these sets for the regular new
release dates when in this situation the release date was still a month
away. I'll always shop at Walmart though because the end of the year sale is
the best savings on Lego to be found (in my area) outside of a Lego outlet
store.

Is this really a Lego issue?  I thought the deadline was actually a
Lucasfilm directive and presumably Wal Mart could face contractual
penalties because of all of the Episode II stuff that got put out
early.  (I have heard that some Hasbro merchandise has slipped out as
well.)