 Space / 7381
Re: 12 pics of Benevolent Grace interior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:21:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Kuester writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
That has to be one of the coolest reactor rooms I've seen, yet. So many
hoses and tubes running around. I get the impression that it would be very
efficient, yet if a hose broke, it would be very... bad.

lol! the perfect word for such a situation...

hehe. I tried to think of a fancy word for it. Sometimes simple is better. ;)

I like the..well..I think it's the Bridge..(?) area of the ship. I'd love to
see more pictures of it. The command chairs look really nice, as do the
uniforms. Nice touch.

the chair-y room is indeed the bridge.  It's not a very showy room since
passengers don't go there.  I wanted it to be small and efficient.
Thanks, I'm glad you like the chairs, I am really happy with them.  I
actually spent a few hours making them and choosing the crew outfits.

More pics! More pics! I wanna see how you made 'em! Not that I'd knock 'em
off perse but I love seeing other's techniques. (toddles back to try and
gleen more from what you've offered so far!)

The elevators are really cool, too. If I had enough bricks to build
something that large, it would be fun to put one in. It's an idea I've
always liked to see in ships. :)

I love elevators, especially working ones... I want to add motors to my next
capship... It just wasn't really justified here tho.

Man... I can't fathom having enough brick to need motors in a ship.....
other than the micro motor to drive the fiber optics that I (finally!!!)
picked up the other day from the UFO sets.

What I REALLY like is this shot, though:

Specifically the wall design and the receptionist's desk. That is SO cool
and original (At least I don't think I've seen anyone else try that before
with the 'vanes' from the speeder bikes.)

cool  :)   I wasn't sure if anyone would dig that, but I like it a lot... so
there it is.  It was actually inspired by the wall of a 1960's era parking
garage in downtown Milwaukee.  It kinda has that wacky retro look.

It may be retro, indeed, but it also strikes me as being very "Spacey" -
kinda like the padded/quilted walls in the corridors of the 'Falcon that we
see in some of the shots in Ep 4 and 5. A nice touch either way. Hmm... I
have 8 bikes..that's.. 16 of those.. bah.. probably not enough to steal the
idea. yet. :)

Wonderful work and use of angles for the hull!
I look forward to seeing more.

thanks... I look forward to making more :)

Can't wait! :)

One question - you didn't take these pic's with the Lego cam did you...??
If so, I'm going to HAVE to get me one'a those... I've been wondering about
the max resolution and overall quality of that cam since the box says it's
basially a webcam in a plastic case with some Lego studs on it. :) I'd love
to hear your feelings on it since you own one.

nope, just a digicam I am borrowing from someone to compare it with others I
have tried.  I guarantee the Lego cam cannot do those types of pictures.  It
does have a good very close zoom however... which is important for Lego pics.
I have tried to use it to capture images into Corel Photopaint and Adobe
Photoshop, but neither worked.  The option seemed to be available under
"import" but nothing happened.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I dunno.

cheers!
Joel K

Bah.. that's what I thought, but one has to hope.. :)

I'm not expert with Photoshop, but when you go under Import, did you make
sure you 'selected' the import device first, then tried to import? Having a
TWAIN scanner, myself, and borrowing a friend's Cam, I had to make sure I
selected the Camera first, before I could import. Other than that, I haven't
a clue. I know that when it does work, the camera's drivers/interface comes
up over PS, then dumps the images into PS for editing.

What's the maximum resolution of the LEGO cam, if you know? I've a cheesy
USB web cam, but it only does 348x220 or something pathetically low like
that. I know there are 640x480 cam's out but I won't pay $50 for one when a
semi decent Digital Cam is only about $150-200 now.

Thanks for the info, though. I may still get the Studio at some point, too..

Joel (Our numbers are growing. Soon the Eric's will be at our mercy!!) Jacobsen