 Space / 37449
Re: I must leave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Devin Michel wrote:
I can't take it anymore!

I have noticed a stream of immaturity and bickering that has gone too far.

First, there are the SciBrick incidents.

I'll take the heat for that. Please don't let it reflect on SciBrick's good name
and the AFoLs that are, the organization, or Sci-Fi and Fantasy fans.
Rather it be said it was an unfortunate set of circumstances where people
working together may have had some misunderstandings.

I can't understand what is going on here.

It is in the past. The right thing to do is move on and learn from it.
Sometimes making an effort to create is easy and sometimes it is difficult.
The thing that binds us is the fun of building, and enjoying the system.
There is room for us to be human in between.

The members involved were some of the most highly respected AFOL's
before they began bickering like children. Now I know that no one is perfect,
and that we all make mistakes. But LUGNET is a place were AFOL can share
there experience and joy of building with Legos with other people. Can’t we
just either drop these petty arguments of “he did this, but he did this” and
most especially “he started it” or at least not argue in public! In case
anyone has forgotten, AFOL stand for “{Adult} Fan Of Lego”, with emphasis on
the ADULT! Please guys, I have never been so embarrassed by any community
before. We already get comments that we’re children because we play with
Legos; we don’t need to prove such comments by acting like children.

-snip-
this entire situation is making me sick.

I understand.
May I ask a question?
Has there recently been something that has come to your attention to say all of
this? I mean, at least in my mind, nothing more came of the issue.

Either way, your right, it can be a downer. That is why I just try to be nice as
I can. Support your fellow Lego Builder.

Look past petty perceptions.