 Space / 37432
37431  |  37433
Subject:
I must leave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:38:36 GMT

I can’t take it anymore!

I have noticed a stream of immaturity and bickering that has gone too far.

First, there are the SciBrick incidents. I can’t understand what is going on here. The members involved were some of the most highly respected AFOL’s before they began bickering like children. Now I know that no one is perfect, and that we all make mistakes. But LUGNET is a place were AFOL can share there experience and joy of building with Legos with other people. Can’t we just either drop these petty arguments of “he did this, but he did this” and most especially “he started it” or at least not argue in public! In case anyone has forgotten, AFOL stand for “Adult Fan Of Lego”, with emphasis on the ADULT! Please guys, I have never been so embarrassed by any community before. We already get comments that we’re children because we play with Legos; we don’t need to prove such comments by acting like children.

And then this! I don’t even want to comment to anyone about this. Everyone knows who is wrong (including himself).

I am deeply depressed by all of these petty feuds. I hate to say this (possibly it’s insensitive to some and even cliché), But I spoke to Travis once last summer over e-mail. He had seemed like a pertinent and kindly member of the community. I asked him if this was the place for me. He described it as a friendly congregation of AFOL’s that would delight and inspire me. He had no idea that this would happen.

The point of this post though is not just to say that I have had enough of this, but to show it. As of January 1st, 2005, I will officially leave this forum. Not that I will leave Lego. I won’t let anyone ruin that for me. But action is needed. Someone needs to show that this is a public forum, and that everyone can see how foolish certain members are acting.

I plan to post a “Merry Christmas” post on the 26th (which was going to be a surprise) based off of Jon Palmer’s bot designs (with no credit to me except the camera - which actually belongs to my brother).

I’m sorry to those of you who make this an amazing forum. Mark, I really enjoy and appreciate all that you’ve done. And to the others””, I wish I could stay but this entire situation is making me sick.

Blay On, Devin

““Also to the other AFOLs, who have been mature, thank you for all of the pictures of your amazing MOCs. I have a huge folder on my spare hard drive with tons of pictures of your stuff. It’s amazing inspiration. I’ll still keep up my brickshelf folder, and will be watching for what you put out! Thank you again.