 Space / 37444
Re: I must leave...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:34:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Devin Michel wrote:
   I can’t take it anymore!

snip

Devin,

Please don’t take this personally. I don’t really post here very often nor do you so we really don’t know each other.

I really have never understood the point of these “everything sucks, I’m leaving” posts. If you are looking for attention you are probably sure to get some and expect some of it to be negative. Some people view these type of posts as annoying, disruptive and immature (if not more so) to the group than the general bickering that goes on from time to time.

If you are trying to shock the community into changing... well I’ve been lurking here for a very long time and I’ve seen several of these type of posts. The community is still here. Yes the people are much different now than when they were 1,2,...5 years ago, but the community is still here and pretty much the same.

You seem to be taking the bickering and controversy a bit too personally. I missed the SciBrick controversy so I really don’t know what the big deal was. But in any public forum arguments will happen from time to time. If it doesn’t directly involve you over a tangible asset, just relax. Read it if you wish or ignore it. Everything we say here are just words that are being transformed into electrons that are bouncing all over the world. They really cannot hurt you if you don’t let them. If you are getting depressed over what is said on an online discussion board (especially if you’re not directly involved) maybe you ought to re-evaluate how seriously you take the things that are being said here. Maybe you do need to take a break.

Just concentrate on building and posting MOCs and ignore all the other BS. I think you be much happier then.

drc