 Space / 31782
  Is it just me, or...

Is .space- and all of Lugnet, for that matter- really quiet? I know, I'm contributing to the problem by not posting, but I've been grounded off the computer lately and so I haven't been able to post. Just checked .space, and no posts for a day. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) It's not just you. I have no idea what happened. A few weeks ago things were going great. Then, just as I decide to de-lurk, things go quiet. I feel like I just arrived at a fantastic party right at the time everyone else decides to go home. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) The timing of spring break varies widely these days, so you might have something there. I have to admit that my rate of moc creation has been reduced a bit lately. My motivation level has dipped a bit, but there are reasons for this that are (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I'm not sure if a new site is really worth the trouble - especially for the fracturing it does to the community, but that is really an old argument. I'd recommend posting a new cool moc, that would sure get lots of people posting again to say (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Lugnet and .space have always gone through waves of activity. Spring is a busy time for a lot of people. (...) Plans are still to do something on www.classic-space.com We'll just have to see how that pans out. --(URL) SteveR> (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I was on Spring Break all last week, which, suprisingly enough meant less time to post. I usually make the few posts I do, while I am in some boring class. Spring break meant law review write on, so I was even more busy than when I have class. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Well, it looks like a few people are at least paying attention. And, here comes my 2 cents... Thanks for the thoughts, JHK; here's some back at you. I imagine there might be a bit of a post-BrickFest lull, and as others have said, it's a busy (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) This has been a very busy time for me. Planning for the pending birth of my first child, attending baby showers galore for lots of my other friends who all seem to be pregnant at the same time, and yes, building too. Those of you who I talked (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) nope; see: (2 URLs) (...) see above (...) already exists: (URL) (...) nah, i just think it's the spring break lull, but at least you got some 'noise' started (me included) by posting! Jeff (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Yeah, it's kind of quiet right now. I think people might just be busy with life. Spring is arriving in many places, and people are getting out and doing stuff outside for the first time all winter. (...) Good for them, they're having fun. This (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Yeah, that's true- quality over quantity. But going days without posts doesn't really help quality, either. (...) We could always make it a 'community' thing, theoretically letting all of us add things when you want. But you're right, a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Good to hear it. And its never too late to work on your photography! I'm still trying things out now... I'm trying out a new setup using some white posterboard (don't use the shiny side) and a new external flash bounced of the ceiling, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) John, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm comming down on you but you made a nearly identical (URL) post> like this just over a month ago. I guess I find it a bit annoying since you complain about the lack of "community" but your solution is to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Hear hear! Thank you for saying much of what I was just about to type. Lugnet is *obviously* going through a lot of growing pains and needs a lot changed. Maybe the hub for the community will be something entirely different in the future. Who (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I have several mocs to take pictures of and post, but everytime I think about doing that I remember how little feedback my posts get and think why bother. Of course they were somewhat shown in IndyLUG's moonbase layout so you may have seen (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Post your MOCs and don't sit around and wait for praise. I've posted plenty of MOCs that only got one or two replies. It happens to everyone. It's easy to blame it on "cliquey", but not easy to ask yourself if your MOC was really awesome. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I feel pretty goofy responding to this topic when I've let so many other good mocs lately go by without a post of praise. I'm in the camp of AFOLs who are in a bit of a post-PDX lull. I worked pretty hard in the couple weeks leading up to PDX (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I build my creations only for myself. I post my creations for feedback. I like to try out different styles and building techniques. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, and I can usually tell which is which by myself but not always. I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I think you're just whining now. I've also posted some MOCs that didn't get much feedback. (URL) (3 replies)> (URL) (Oh no! Only one reply!)> Looking back at the newsgroup, I noticed that you posted 3 MOCs back in mid-December, a very busy (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) This is a definate problem on Lugnet - but I don't see the cause as excessive "cliques". Blaming it on cliques is a convienent, easy way to blame the community, rather than anything else. One of the things to understand here is that we are a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I would like to second these statements, but from a different perspective. I rarely build anything space-related, and I almost never post here. But I like being able to see what you space guys are building and talking about through LUGNET. If (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Theme Sites ( was Re: Is it just me, or...)

(...) Now, let me first say that I am against the fracturing of our community - I like the concept of Lugnet, and wish to support it. But let me also say that Classic-Castle has done more for the community than hurt it. Right now, something like 75% (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  On complaining...

(...) Your MOCs suck. Ok, the Ezekiel is fairly interesting but that's about it. You barely have anything on Brickshelf. You used to have a site but I can't find it. So let me get this straight... You apparently care enough about the whole MOC (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Theme Sites ( was Re: Is it just me, or...)

(...) Exactly Lenny. In economics this is called Pent-up Demand (well, ok, I think that's what it's called. It's been too long since I actually took economics to remember the exact term). There was a need that was going unfulfilled and the admins of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Nah. I'd say post a MOC, then a day later post that everyone ignored your MOC and everyone hates you and Lugnet is no longer the friendliest place on the internet and you're going to take your bricks and go home. That often gets more posts (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Wait! You can't say that just when we're winning! Castle is winning! And there was great rejoicing. -yay- And then a spaceship swooped down and fired its megaturbolasers upon the gathered peasants, knights, and lords. And there was great (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) -snip- etc. New sites probably wouldn't be made up by the same people. The various other high-traffic LEGO forums have readerships that partially, but don't totally, intersect with the Lugnet readership. For some people they choose one forum (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Um, actually, I didn't say that at all. My post was some long winded ramble of idle speculation. ;-) No harm done, of course, but you really shouldn't have mentioned (URL) sheep.> Peace and whatever, Professor Whateverly (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: On complaining...

(...) Haha. Nice line. I think it's funny how posts whining about a lack of responses always seem to generate lots of responses. Allister p.s. stay tuned for a much delayed moc. It's black and boxy - you guys are gonna hate it ;) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Man, that was exactly what I was trying not to sound like. I rewrote my post so many times last night trying to say what I meant. I thought I got it. Then I re-read it today and it sounds extremely whiney. If you believe it, I was trying to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: On complaining...

(...) Yeah when I graduated, I lost my website host(the college). I always posted everything there instead of on Brickshelf. I still have the photos, but almost all of them are even more photographicly lacking. Many of them were taken with a video (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Well, the lure of Castle has drawn me away from .space for awhile, but never fear! I've got three new space MOCs in the works and a new empire almost ready to be revealed. Stay tuned.... (URL) Nathan Wells (URL) "I'm a castle fan who builds (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

I'd like to second j0n's post above, and add that I'm pretty freakin' busy too. I'm moving all my Lego and other possesions, and looking for a job. Come April, though, I will teach you the meaning of fear :). Soren (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) I quiver in anticipation! ...or is that fear? (URL) TRS> P.S. Good luck on the Job search! (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Either one will do, I'm not picky :). Soren (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

Is it just me, or is there a lot of activity lately? 8 space MOCs in announce.moc over the weekend, 65 posts to .space today. I think that it just goes to show that lulls such as the one that started this thread are cyclical and generally (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Is it just me, or...

(...) Yup. Thanks for the positive note, Bruce. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)