 Space / 31831
Re: Is it just me, or...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   Is .space- and all of Lugnet, for that matter- really quiet? I know, I’m contributing to the problem by not posting, but I’ve been grounded off the computer lately and so I haven’t been able to post.

Just checked .space, and no posts for a day. .Castle has more traffic, and classic-castle.com has had even more. Yes, its Spring Break, but last week was very quiet, too.

I think we need something around here to revitalize the .space community, something to encourage people to sign up and also encourage old posters who are lurkers (or worse) to post. Perhaps we might even need to follow .Castle (*gasp*) and start our own website- a classic-space.com- to liven things up? Lugnet is really nice, but I think without something new the whole community stagnates.

Just some thoughts.

-JHK

I have several mocs to take pictures of and post, but everytime I think about doing that I remember how little feedback my posts get and think why bother. Of course they were somewhat shown in IndyLUG’s moonbase layout so you may have seen them already. But then again almost nobody commented on that either. Which I must say surprised me and disapointed me.

Granted I’m not the best feedback giver either but feedback doesn’t seem reciprocal. When I see a moc that has a really cool detail on it, it has often been already commented on by a bunch of people, and I really don’t like me too posts. I must say that policy does reduce my number of posts.

I’ve been reading Lugnet for over four years and it seems to me it has gotten more and more “cliquey.” In .space anyway. I think this has had a major impact on lurkers willingness to come forward. Unless they say this is my first post they don’t get much encouragement.

Or maybe my mocs just suck and everyone is too nice to say so. :)

-Steve McDonough