 Space / 31879
Re: Is it just me, or...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Steven McDonough wrote:

   I think many of the “elite” builders(who pretty much do deserve the praise they get) on here could build something that’s intentionally craptastic.* Not only would they still get people saying how great it was but they would also get helpful sugestions on it.

I think you’re just whining now.

Man, that was exactly what I was trying not to sound like. I rewrote my post so many times last night trying to say what I meant. I thought I got it. Then I re-read it today and it sounds extremely whiney. If you believe it, I was trying to add levity to my post. Well that obviously didn’t work. It just sounded bitter and certainly whiney. I was trying to say how I think people could view the comunity if they haven’t been around for awhile. I did a bad job there and I’m probally still doing a bad job now.

   I’ve also posted some MOCs that didn’t get much feedback.

(3 replies)
(Oh no! Only one reply!)

Looking back at the newsgroup, I noticed that you posted 3 MOCs back in mid-December, a very busy time for many people. Posting activity always drops when it’s near the holidays.

Your space MOCs in your brickshelf folder aren’t bad, but they’re not really remarkable either.

I realize this. But it is also hard to improve when you get no feedback good or bad. Here I’m sounding whiney again. I’ll stop now.

   I like your Dexter sculpture.

Thanks.

People tend to reply more to stuff they think is unusual or funny. Maybe you should try to shoot for one of those goals.

Well we’ve just seen how effective I am at web humor. I don’t think I’ll try that again anytime soon. I’ve always shot for unusual...guess I just haven’t come up with anything unusual enough.

-Steve McDonough