 Space / 28041
Re: Moonbase Module: Mauser Support Facility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 06:07:49 GMT

Keith,

I have no horse and I'm not high.  I never said I was the arbiter of
anything nor do I claim to be.  You asked for unbiased opinions and you got
mine.  How can you possibly say you don't like it, Mr. Smack-Daddy?  YOU
ASKED FOR IT.

And yes, Mark, I could've clicked the other page, but what would you have
done?  Do you want to see the facade, or do you want the truth?  I wanted to
see the real Keith.

I could write more, but I'm fresh out of gasoline.

Dave

"Keith Goldman" <legomankeith@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, David Simmons wrote:

Whether it's five unfolded fingers across the face or a shot in the arm,
smack is just bad for you and everybody else.

David you just don't get it.  Where I come from, smack is the time honored
rhetorical tradition of trash-talk, including, but not exclusive to • mom-bashing.
Smack is not bad for you, in some circles its a great source for humor, • and
sharpening of the critical wit.

The impression that I get, judging by your writing style, that "smack" • is
just another way of sayingthat you have a rude attitude, and you don't • care
who knows it or who is offended by it.  That's selfish and childish and • it
won't get you respect. The Iron Reich apparently has attitude to spare, • and
that's cool, but when it comes to your attitude, spare us.

I'm not sure who made you the arbiter of of good taste and the proper • measure of
attitude, but spare me the high horse, brother.  I realize that lugnet is • not
really the proper forum for most smack, so I confine it to mocpages where • I find
a greater freedom to dole out my brand of humor.  Its not for everyone, so • go to
brickshelf next time, don't expose yourself to the irritant.  I always • offer a
smack-free option.  Yes, I crossed the line with the c.w. reference in • this
thread.  I was taken to task by the good curator, and I won't make the • same
mistake again.  If you don't like this brand of humor, tune out.  I don't • post
that often, and I see it as a small change of pace from the regular, • oustanding,
civilized, friendly fare.  But by criticizing my attutude, you have • yourself
partaken of a smack-sandwich, and that is too cool. And as for • respect...ah its
overrated and at the end of the day won't buy you a cup o' coffee.  You • are
right about one thing though.  I am childish, not selfish, but definetly
childish.  Don't we all play with toys here...?

Oh, and regarding the recent changes to the Moonbase Standard: most of • the
time, change is good and presents you with a challenge.  Are you up to • it or
not?

Obviously I'm up to it, I raised the support pillars.  What, now I can't • offer
an opinion on the changes?  There you go being the arbiter again.

Honest enough for you?!

Of course, this is what I'm trying to get at.  If my Mausers suck (which • judging
by the current tally of votes they do) then I want to hear it.  I'd rather • have
Jon Palmer tell me my mech sucks, than Jimmy-moc-maker telling me great • job!
Keep building!  I don't get my feelings hurt, I love the smack, the bottom • line
is... I think its funny, and I know I'm not alone.

BTW, I really like the dark gray, boxy, fascist look here.  It reminds • me of
the production design of "Equilibrium", a very cool movie I would • recommend
if you like this kind of austere, authoritarian style (and also if you • like
smack-filled action!).  Big Daddy Mars is very intimidating.  I like the
legs and solar panels?   The smaller mech is just too spindly-lookin'.
However, I do like the foot design, those toes are groovy.

Thanks for the props David, and I have seen Equilibrium, you are right, • its a
great b-movie.

Dave (who doesn't mind a smack or two as long I get a reacharound!)

Who's your daddy, Dave?
-Keith (smack-daddy)