 Space / 28012
Re: Moonbase Module: Mauser Support Facility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:47:07 GMT

"Keith Goldman" <legomankeith@aol.com> wrote in message

Now thats exactly what I'm talkin' about! Refreshing smack!  Bring it on! • It is
boxy, my friend...sexy, concrete-boxy. You know you love it...you just • won't
admit it publicly.  As for the mech.. well... admitedly it does kind of
suck...like a $2 crack-whore.  But it fits the system, and its all about • the
system.  Maintenance, logistics, attack!  My mechs don't have to run to • the
battlefield like power rangers, they travel in style.

First, honesty and being blunt is great but forgetting that kids read this
forum isn't.  Check the crack-whore talk.

But anyway...No, really...privately and publicly, I don't like the outside
of it.  I think it has a few good features like the supports and the
letters/numbers, but essentially it's just a big box, which is a big
cop-out.  The way I see it is just because its basic role is that of a
container or "box" for mechs inside, it doesn't have to look like that.
Change it up a little.  I dunno.  Make it weird.

As for your rationale for the mech's look, I will always disagree with this.
I'm form over function every time.
If you don't make something that looks cool then no amount of back story
will make it pretty.  Conversely you can make the most flawless MOC on earth
and make up some techno-jargon story for it instantly.

And the thing is really that the best stuff you see out there in .space or
.mecha or wherever always looks damn cool and will generally have a few cool
"real" features to it.

Basically what I'm saying is what we're doing here is all just make believe,
but that make believe should be represented more so in the MOC itself, not
the story that backs it up.

That make any sense?

but I like the interior a lot.

Oh John, you had me at hello..

Hey buddy, I was fine with 3 letters.

And you should submit this to the Moonbase page.  The submission process
should be all good to go by now.

...and you lost me.  If it sucks, why submit it?  No, no, don't retreat • now.  I
wouldn't want to drag down the moonbase creative gene pool.  I wouldn't • dream of
it!

Yeah you got that all wrong.  I think it sucks but that doesn't mean that it
sucks.  Lots of other people out there probably think this thing is great,
and it's obviously not some slacker joke rainbow module that doesn't fit the
standard or whatever.  Add it.  This is what Moonbase is all about.  All
these different shapes and ideas meeting and trying to get along.

Seriously John, thanks for an honest reply :)
-Keith (smack-daddy)

Always.

--
[  j o n ]