 Space / 28016
Re: Moonbase Module: Mauser Support Facility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:06:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Soren Roberts wrote:
   Ah, good ol’ FZ, always inspiring us to greater heights.

“FZ” I’ve lost you brother, who or what is FZ?

Frank Zappa.

   Nice interior, dig that machine shop. For a guy who doesn’t like interior design, you do great work. Gotta finish my mecha support base, now that I’ve got some ideas to steal.

Thanks Soren, I still hate interiors, but sometimes you have to do it. Steal away, my friend, theft is the sincerest form of flattery. Get that base built, I’m sure it will rock.

I’m thinking Arctic Landmate facility. Gonna be fun.

   Oh, and I wouldn’t criticize others’ mecha designs. Unless your stuff can crouch, it’s gonna be nothing but an expensive tank snack.

But I must criticize, If not me, then who? And if not now, then when? I do try to limit my smack to mocpages, as its been pointed out to me, lugnet just isn’t the right forum. I have a very thick, greasy, semil gelatenous skin, and I’m the first one to self-mock. Oh, and yes, the Mausers can crouch quite effectively.

Okay. I just think of combat mecha as a fantasy anyway, no matter what the style. I actually like the Mauser quite a bit, I just don’t think it’s any more “realistic” than my axe-wielding Mortar Headd.

And, admittedly, I have my own dislike of FASA-style “mechs”.

   Soren (who happens to like giant swords and humanoid mecha, thank you very much.)

Hey, if I have to be the one lone voice of sanity, so be it. Everybody likes giant robots with swords and automatic rifles. To me, it just seems foppish.

Well, it is when you combine the two.

Take care,

Soren