 Space / 26509
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 05:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   This is another older MOC which underwent a major remodelling last year, primarily to improve interior detail. It stemmed originally from a pile of discounted 6441 which inspired a crazy plan to buy 20 of them and build a fleet of fighters from the contents (among other things). Having carried most of that plan out, I resorted to Bricklink for the large number of triple-slope wedges to beautify the fighter nacelles. They weren’t a hugely popular part - a nice final development for what was originally a fairly insane project.

That’s awesome. I’d love to have one of those sets at a discount. The triple-wedge formation is spiffy; as others have said, more pics please.

--snip--
   I’ve included some builders notes to explain some features, but feel free to ask more questions. I’m considering building other modules for it, but the trouble is I can’t have them all attached at once.

Paul,

I’ve been a bit behind in my giving of feedback. But somehow I completely missed this creation altogether. I just went through all of the pics & posts and there’s not much more to say other than it’s quite an accomplishment. I agree with Geordan that:

   The interior detail is sweet. I love the torpedo room! The interior has a >> submarineish look to it, I like that.

Those loading doors are perfect. And as Allister commented,

   I like how you keep your ideas grounded in some sort of conceivable technology - big engines, cramped internal spaces etc

That gold geodesic device is great. I would now like to add three comments. First, those round 1x1 bricks accentuate the nose SO well. Secondly, the landing gear, both in its workings and fitting, is topnotch. And thirdly, that top turret is excellent! From the first couple of pics I thought the sides were 6x6 round dishes but upon the highlight I saw the construction. Very clever and it flows well. I’ll have to remember that. So there was more to say.

-Andrew

GardenSLUG