 Space / 26517
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:51:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch wrote:
   This is another older MOC which underwent a major remodelling last year, primarily to improve interior detail. It stemmed originally from a pile of discounted

    6441 Deep Reef Refuge
433 elements, 5 figures, US$60, 1997
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > Divers
which inspired a crazy plan to buy 20 of them and build a fleet of fighters from the contents (among other things). Having carried most of that plan out, I resorted to Bricklink for the large number of triple-slope wedges to beautify the fighter nacelles. They weren’t a hugely popular part - a nice final development for what was originally a fairly insane project.

   Light attack carrier Gervoya

The structural component I’m most happy about is the landing gear, which is very sturdy. Actually it’s all very sturdy - you can pick the whole thing up by the front section... and the landing gear clicks in and out nicely with the help of Technic shocks. I’ll post a pic of a structural mock-up later... there wasn’t an easy way to partially dismantle the ship to show it directly.

I’ve included some builders notes to explain some features, but feel free to ask more questions. I’m considering building other modules for it, but the trouble is I can’t have them all attached at once.

Cheers,

Paul,

I love this ship! It sort of reminds me of a submarine (probably the shape), and I like the concept of a “submarine in space” ... the interior supports this as well, it looks like there are bunks in the engineering compartment? I like the interior’s “cluttered” look - there’s no room for “wasted space” and that’s a great design philosophy for a spaceship! Actually, the interior sort of reminds me of Jassim’s “Dragonstar”: you both make use of everything you’ve got to create a believable interior.

Question: do the dark gray hatches on the exterior corrosponding to the interior red-hatch torpedo tubes?

Are there any forward or aft torpedo launchers?

Do you have any more interior photos? I’d love to drool over more :)

Jeff Benson