 Space / 25677
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:15:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger wrote:

This is really great,it’s nice to see a carrier with more than 4 fighters. I like the Command and Control room, with the monitors and such, the torpedo room is a great idea I want to appropriate, and the big steering wheel is a cute touch.

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the submarine-y look the wheels gave to the doors. It’d be nice to do the same thing to the torpedo-tube doors, perhaps if the tubes were 4x4 this could be done well.

I do have to wonder, how long is a tour? I feel sorry for the fighter pilots, stuck in their cockpits, but mayeb they’re in suspended animation.

Yeah, I was sort of hazy on this. I figured that this carrier design represented an extreme compromise between combat peformance and operating range, in a pseudo-verse where you could wormhole a fair way in a short time.

It’s basically a very light, maneuverable ship with extremely small, agile and hard-to-target fighters, but which has a limited range and was mainly designed for deployment from a base for around 24 hours, to participate in battles that would be over quickly.

Cheers,