 Space / 25684
Re: Light attack carrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:44:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richie Dulin wrote:

It’s a very impressive (and innovative) ship, carrying an entirely satisfactory number of fighters (though I can’t imagine life would be much fun for the fighter pilots!).

Thanks Richie, you’re right about the pilots, I think I’ll put something in the builder’s notes.

To my eye, the new design isn’t as good as the old one. The new nose looks a bit ‘droopy’, although it does seem to be centred on the axis of the ship. It might just be that it’s not symetrical (the slope is smooth underneath, but stepped on the top).... it just doesn’t look ‘right’ to me.

Fair enough, but I prefer it to the old one, which I felt looked too fat and round. It was also a lot more boring-looking both inside and outside, and the antennae couldn’t fold down flat... I like the new one, the lumpiness wasn’t what I intended but I feel it gives it a more interesting, functional ugliness. Plus the nose-dome is way better than the old version’s lump-‘o’-slopes design.

Cheers,